Sunday, February 27, 2011

9/11

I remember that I was around 5 or 6. I remember watching the smoke rise from the ruins. I remember my mom calling some of her friends that where in New York to make sure that they were okay. I remember feeling scared. I remember holding the phone listening while my grandparents, living just outside of NYC, said they were okay. Up to that point there had not been very much that just plain terrified me. Sure, there was Halloween or scary movies, but nothing real like that. A couple days after one of our magazines we got had a list of firemen and civilians who had perished in the fire. I remember looking at the pictures of the people who had died and wondering why someone would do that to them. I remember that I cried. For some reason I never forgot any of those, I still remember them all vividly

I think that the cause of 9/11 was American Foreign Policy. I believe that the Jihadist's believed that america had some sort of prejudice against them. That is what caused them to try to destroy 3 of america's most important buildings. Four planes where hijacked by al qaeda. Two went for each tower of the world trade center, one went the pentagon, and one went for the Capitol Building. The first three were successful, crashing into their targeted buildings. But the fourth going for the capitol crashed in a field because the passengers knew what was going on. About 3,000 people perished. Because of this a all planes in america landed in the closest airport. This left thousands stuck, not able to go home because the airports were shut down for a while. This had many consequences. Security was upped in the United States to stop future plots. There were very many health problems (from inhaled fiber glass, burns, etc.) The War on Terror was started.

That is what I know about 9/11.

No comments:

Post a Comment