Friday, September 17, 2010

Self Assesment

1) I expected 8th grade to be a very difficult year. Both socially and academically. I expected there to be more responsibility as a student, and more homework expected to be completed. After being five weeks into school I feel as if I am correct and incorrect at the same time. I expected there to be more responsibility, this is true. In eighth grade we are expected to be good role models for the sevies, we have more pressure to do even better on speeches and other assignments. This is a good thing, that we are able to be pushed. When I thought there would be more homework, I was incorrect. We have a pretty consistent amount of homework that I feel as if has not increased (maybe slightly) this year. Socially it is the same scene, and I feel very comfortable this year.

2) Yes. Most of my old friends are still my friends this year. The eighth graders I was friends with last year I still see at carpool, etc. Being an eighth grader is somewhat easier related to social things. The sevies aren't as scary as the eighth graders last year, which makes everything slightly better. I am also friends with a lot of seventh graders in our class and out of class. I am having a good year so far and I am excited for the rest of the year.

3) Last year I tried to be a leader, but it is difficult with the superior 8th graders blocking you. This year, however, I feel that being a leader is easier. I have led in small groups, and in class periods so far. It is difficult sometimes though with the other eighth graders who compete to be a better leader than you. Otherwise, it is very easy to help others by leading them.

4) This year I would like to learn multiple things. I would like to learn to be more organized. I have tried to keep a binder and other organizational methods, but by the end of the year I end up stuffing papers in my backpack. I also want to learn how to write even better. Last year we learned extensively how to write very well, but I want to add on to that skill so that in high school I will not have to work so hard at it. I want to have better grammatical skills, because in high school they don't teach this. I want to have my grammar skills tightened up before high school so that I wont be penalized, or have to work too hard at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment